Singapore Visit

Despite a bad month in September, the holiday to Singapore was a great change.

The trip was planned a while back after I found a great deal on Malaysia Airline (MAS) website, Zero fare for a round trip from Kuching to Singapore and back! Even with the airport taxes, surcharges etc. added in, the trip still cost me less than RM500, which I thought was a great deal especially when I can enjoy all the full fare perks (meals, baggage allowance, seating arrangement) and save me on time and transportation charges if I go through JB.

Accommodation and transport were all taken care with first class. I even get to be driven in BMW latest 335i convertible, a 200 merc compressor and not least a family oriented volvo xc90. Coincidentally, F1 first night race was on when I arrived that day and I managed to catch glimpses of the race. Great atmosphere and the sonic sound from the F1 cars were just describable. And most of all, super organization skill from the expected Singaporeans, this I take my hat off to them.
Singapore F1 grand stand as seen from the ECP drive by


Golf was not on the agenda but I managed to squeeze in a game, courtesy of an invite from Latuk who is a member of the prestigious Sentosa Golf Club. And I cannot argue when they say it's undisputedly Singapore's most exclusive and beautiful golf club. (Check out the green fees >> HERE) Its also the home to not one but two of the most scenic yet challenging golf courses in the region - Serapong and Tanjong. Serapong is the venue for Asia's richest National Golf tournament Barclays Singapore Open. Great layout and maintainence, truly in a class of its own.
Teeing off at par5 Serapong

And there was a lot of food, in between the few restaurants, we had a mixture of hawker food such as Singapore Laksa, chicken rice, prawn mee, we even had pizzas with champagne! And besides stuffing ourself near to death, there was the, Shopping! The FX exchange was painful though, 2.4 ringgit to a dollar. Need time to recuperate.

HK next.

Comments

Popular Posts