Laughter is the Best Medicine
Thanks to LH for the extracts of letters written to various councils/housing associations:
- I want some repairs done to my cooker as it has backfired and burnt my knob off.
- I wish to complain that my father hurt his ankle very badly when he put his foot in the hole in his back passage.
- And their 18 year old son is continually banging his balls against my fence.
- I wish to report that the tiles are missing from the outside toilet roof. I think it was that bad wind the other night that blew them off.
- I am writing on behalf of my sink, which is coming away from the wall.
- Will you please send someone to mend the garden path, my wife tripped and fell on it yesterday and now she is pregnant?
- I request permission to remove my drawers in the kitchen. 50% of the walls are damp, 50% have crumbling plaster and the rest are plain filthy.
- The toilet is blocked and we cannot bath the children until it is cleared.
- Will you plea! se send a man to look at my water? It is a funny colour and not fit to drink.
- Our lavatory seat is broken in half and is now in three pieces.
- I want to complain about the farmer across the road, every morning at 6:00am his cock wakes me up and its now getting too much for me.
- The man next door has a large erection in the garden, which is unsightly and dangerous.
- Our kitchen floor is damp. We have two small children and would like a third so please send someone round to do something about it.
- I am a single woman living in a downstairs flat and would you please do something about the noise made by the man I have on top of me everynight.
- Please send a man with the right tool to finish the job and satisfy my wife.
- I have had the clerk of the works down on the floor six times but I still have had no satisfaction.
- My bush is really overgrown round the front and my back! passage has fungus in it.
- He's got this huge tool that vibrates the whole house and I just can't take it any more.